Skip to main content

Sorry, Jim Miller, Bruce Buffer is politely declining your 'F*cking' UFC 300 intro request

Jim Miller got the spot on the historic UFC 300 card that he was pushing for, but it appears that’s where the fulfillment of his wishes will end.

Miller (37-17 MMA, 26-16 UFC) said earlier this month, prior to his most recent bout at UFC Fight Night 234, that he wanted Bruce Buffer to introduce him as “Jim ‘F*cking’ Miller” when he steps into the octagon to take on Bobby Green at the April 13 event from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“Doing that in front of the T-Mobile full of fans would be awesome,” Miller said. “I think that would get me super fired up.”

The request gained plenty of traction online and excitement from Miller himself that it could happen. However, longtime octagon announcer Buffer isn’t sold.

“I don’t like cursing in my job,” Buffer told “The Schmozone” on ESPN Radio. “I respect Jim’s wishes. At this point, the answer is no. I’d go for Jim ‘Friggin’ Miller, maybe.”

Although Miller might not get his dream introduction in an arena full of fans, he might still get it at some point during UFC 300 as lead UFC play-by-play man Jon Anik chimed in after Buffer’s comments and indicated it could happen at official weigh-ins (via Instagram comments):

There is always the official weigh-in. 😏🤫

For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie’s event hub for UFC 300.



from MMA Junkie https://ift.tt/4Rb9ens
via IFTTT

Popular posts from this blog

Video: Oli Thompson lands devastating first-round knockout punch on Aleksei Oleinik in Russia

Aleksei Oleinik returned to action for the first time since his UFC exit, but things did not go in his favor. In the main event of REN TV Fight Club at Dynamo Volleyball Arena in Moscow, Russia, Oleinik (60-17-1 MMA) faced fellow UFC veteran Oli Thompson in a heavyweight bout. The result was a violent finish that left Oleinik staring up at the lights. Thompson (21-16 MMA) unleashed a crushing right hand that sent Oleinik crashing to the canvas with 35 seconds remaining in the opening round. Check out video of the finish below (via Twitter ): Oli Thompson destroys Alexey Oleynik with a massive right hand in the first round pic.twitter.com/AdWy25dQxR — caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) May 26, 2023 Thompson, 43, returned to the win column for the first time since 2020, snapping a four-fight losing skid. His last victory was also a first-round stoppage; a 23-second knockout of Szymon Bajor at Fight Exclusive Night 28 on June 13, 2020. Oleinik, 45, competed in his final UFC bout in Octo...

Henry Cejudo: 'I still don't see Sean O'Malley as the best in the world' ahead of UFC 299

Henry Cejudo is not sold on Sean O'Malley as UFC bantamweight champion. O’Malley (17-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC) knocked out Aljamain Sterling to become 135-pound champion at UFC 292, whereas Cejudo is coming off a close title loss to Sterling at UFC 288 . O’Malley will make his first title defense against Marlon Vera in the UFC 299 headliner on March 9, and Cejudo is still adamant that “Chito” beats O’Malley again – despite being a sizable underdog. “I still don’t see Sean O’Malley as the best in the world,” Cejudo said on Daniel Cormier’s YouTube channel . “I don’t. I do believe ‘Chito’ Vera is going to beat him. You have good defense, you walk that dude down, you kick his freaking legs – he still has that wide leg – you kick his legs, you just bring the fight to him and grit. “This is what Sean O’Malley will do: He’ll look at the clock because he throws a lot of power. He is precise, but he throws a lot of it. I would bet the house on ‘Chito.’ Once I beat Merab (Dvalishvili), I’m goi...

Jim Miller had no problem accepting short-notice replacement Jared Gordon: 'Business as usual'

LAS VEGAS – With over 50 professional MMA fights, Jim Miller has been through it all, which has brought a level of comfort few have in this sport. That’s why when the UFC called with Jared Gordon as a replacement opponent for Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 45, Miller (35-17 MMA, 24-16 UFC) had no problem saying yes. At this point, there’s little the UFC lightweight veteran hasn’t seen, and he expects to be ready Saturday. “(It’s) business as usual,” Miller told reporters at Wednesday’s UFC on ESPN 45 news conference. “That’s three in a row that opponents drop out like two weeks or less for the event. And I think it’s a total of nine times in my career with the UFC, so more like 25 percent. But yeah, business as usual. “I train to be the best fighter that I can be every out. At this point I’ve fought everybody from the top lanky 6’4” lefties, to guys my height, and righties and grapplers. So I just appreciated when guys are willing to step up because there are a lot of fighters that say...