Skip to main content

Henry Cejudo skeptical of Conor McGregor not being tested by USADA: 'Of course he's on that sh*t'

Henry Cejudo has questions.

The former two-division UFC champion and Olympic gold medalist is very skeptical of the lack of drug tests conducted with Conor McGregor by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency – the UFC’s partner in charge of testing the roster.

McGregor is the only active fighter on the UFC roster – aside from new athletes signed after Aug. 1 – to not be tested by USADA in 2022. That information was first reported by TSN; McGregor’s testing history, along with every UFC fighter, can be viewed publicly on USADA’s website.

Cejudo believes the Irish star is getting special treatment. Not only that, he believes McGregor, who appears to have bulked up in photos and videos, is using performance enhancers.

“He’s on that privileged list,” Cejudo said on his YouTube channel. “That’s crazy. Those are things to bring up. That’s crazy.

“But ‘roids are not going to help, Conor. Of course he’s on that sh*t knowing that (he hasn’t been tested this year). But it ain’t going to help him. The dude needs to stay away from coke. That’s what he needs to do.”

McGregor last competed in July 2021 when he suffered a broken leg in his injury-TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. He had surgery shortly after and had been rehabbing his left leg to make a full recovery.

Just last month, McGregor and Cejudo engaged in a war of words on social media. Cejudo was critical of McGregor’s pad work posted in a video, which sparked the back-and-forth between the former UFC champ-champs.

Cejudo, who retired after defeating Dominick Cruz in May 2020, remained out of USADA’s drug-testing pool until he re-entered this past April in anticipation of a return to the UFC. Cejudo has called out a number of potential opponents – including featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski – but so far nothing has come to fruition.



from MMA Junkie https://ift.tt/1InrVMw
via IFTTT

Popular posts from this blog

Max Griffin offended by booking against Michael Morales: 'They're sending a guy that they think can beat me'

LAS VEGAS – Max Griffin is not exactly happy with his matchup against Michael Morales . The 37-year-old welterweight veteran is set to take on Michael Morales on the main card of Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 47 at the UFC Apex. This booking made Griffin (19-9 MMA, 7-7 UFC) feel like he’s been set up to be a stepping stone for Morales (14-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), who’s unbeaten and just 24 years old – and that has Griffin fuming. “I have a thing for these new guys: I get offended,” Griffin told reporters at Wednesday’s UFC on ESPN 47 media day. “So it’s another guy, 14-0, fought Trevin Giles. That was a terrible fight from Trevin Giles. He beat him in the beginning but burned his arms out, getting sloppy, and got knocked out. … He (Morales) ain’t fought nobody. It’s not even about who y’all fought, but I am me. I am him. I’m not the guy you want to fight when you’re that raw, that new.” Although there’s something to be said about Morales’s promise and rise, Griffin is not getting caught in a ba...

Bellator 290 post-event facts: Ryan Bader keeps perfect rematch record

The first Bellator event of 2023, Bellator 290 , went down Saturday at Kia Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and it marked a monumental occasion for both the promotion and the sport. In addition to being the organization’s debut showcase on CBS, the card marked the retirement fight of legendary former PRIDE champion Fedor Emelianenko (40-7 MMA, 4-3 BMMA), who suffered a first-round TKO loss to heavyweight titleholder Ryan Bader (31-7 MMA, 9-2 BMMA) in their main event rematch. The co-headliner saw middleweight champion Johnny Eblen (13-0 MMA, 9-0 BMMA) remain undefeated with a unanimous decision win over Anatoly Tokov (31-3 MMA, 7-1 BMMA) for his first title defense. For more on the numbers behind the title bouts, as well as the rest of the card, check below for MMA Junkie’s post-event facts from Bellator 290. from MMA Junkie https://ift.tt/9YPBuqA via IFTTT

Video: Oli Thompson lands devastating first-round knockout punch on Aleksei Oleinik in Russia

Aleksei Oleinik returned to action for the first time since his UFC exit, but things did not go in his favor. In the main event of REN TV Fight Club at Dynamo Volleyball Arena in Moscow, Russia, Oleinik (60-17-1 MMA) faced fellow UFC veteran Oli Thompson in a heavyweight bout. The result was a violent finish that left Oleinik staring up at the lights. Thompson (21-16 MMA) unleashed a crushing right hand that sent Oleinik crashing to the canvas with 35 seconds remaining in the opening round. Check out video of the finish below (via Twitter ): Oli Thompson destroys Alexey Oleynik with a massive right hand in the first round pic.twitter.com/AdWy25dQxR — caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) May 26, 2023 Thompson, 43, returned to the win column for the first time since 2020, snapping a four-fight losing skid. His last victory was also a first-round stoppage; a 23-second knockout of Szymon Bajor at Fight Exclusive Night 28 on June 13, 2020. Oleinik, 45, competed in his final UFC bout in Octo...